Friday, February 27, 2009

My sweet Kaci . . .

So, my mouth has been swollen and very sore since the first half of my root canal a couple days ago. Yesterday Kaci was sitting on my lap and accidentally head butted me right in the bad tooth. Oh man, that hurt! I just kind of cringed and sat there catching my breath for a minute and she was watching me very concerned and obviously feeling bad but not knowing what to do. She said "oh honey! I'm so sorry!" . . . . "poor mommy". I reassured her that I was ok and I knew it was just an accident and we moved on. Then today while we were getting ready for the day, she said (out of the blue) "I'm sorry I bumped your mouth mommy". I couldn't believe she remember the incident and was still feeling bad about it a day later. It just confirms my belief that she is tender hearted and sensitive like me and reminds me of the great responsibility of protecting her and preparing her for the world. It scares me. But, it is wonderful to know that I am raising a person who genuinly cares about others (as long as they are not taking her toys of course).

1 comment:

Julie Hatch said...

CHelan it was good to talk to you the other day. I hope your mouth feels better soon!